Breakfast of Heroes
Breakfast of Heroes – an ideal tour for real foodies and people who want to get acquainted with Armenian gastronomic culture.
One of the most important and perhaps oldest dishes of the Armenian cuisine, khash is now very popular among locals and becomes a real ceremony with certain rules and habits. It is served as a breakfast with garlic sauce and eau-de-vie. A real Breakfast of Heroes!
During the breakfast in a traditional Armenian restaurant you will enjoy khash with mulberry oghi, a traditional Armenian eau-de-vie from Nagorno Karabakh. With our culinary guide you will learn when and how to eat khash and whom to toast during the ceremony, as well as the and stories and the legends around the khash.
After this tour you can take part in a real khash ceremony with locals!
- Meet on 09.50 am in the Yerevan city center
- Walk down to the restaurant (3 min walk)
- Culinary guide will tell us how to eat khash, what are the traditional toasts during the ceremony and what are legends and stories
- every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- you can book online or by telephone
- price per person – AMD 10,000
WHAT WE WILL EAT
- Mashed garlic, served in a traditional way
- Tsitsak – specially made Armenian pepper
- Ttu: selection of salted vegetables (tomatoes, carrot, cabbage, etc)
- Kanachi: selection of the Armenian green leaves
- Armenian cheese plate
- White radish
- Dried lavash
- Fresh lavash
WHAT WE WILL DRINK
- Mulberry oghi, a traditional Armenian eau-de-vie from Nagorno-Karabakh
- Sparkling / Still Spring Water
Why choosing this tour?
- Affordable pricing
- Ease of transportation
- Guidance by culinary expert
- Important for understanding local culture
- Unforgettable experience
See your tour on the map
Traditional Armenian breakfast is of course basturma with eggs, but good khash with good home made oghi is something you would not want to miss.
A heroes' breakfast indeed! Eating a soup + home made vodka from berry as breakfast - is an unforgettable experience.
Как говорится - утром выпил и весь день как по маслу ))) Хорошо посидели, позавтракали и карабахская тутовка под хаш.... Здорово!!
Are private or corporate events available?
Absolutely! Upon request we can accommodate any food tour from birthday parties, family reunions, conventions, corporate events, and more.
How much food is served on the tour ?
Our taste experience will serve enough food to fill up the food tour participants.
Can I book a tour without payment and credit card info?
Yes, we apply BOOK NOW, PAY LATER policy for our food tours. So, you can book a tour without credit card information. Upon booking our team will contact you to check your preferred payment method.
Where does the food tour start?
Upon booking of the tour you will receive the exact information of our starting location along with all information you need.
Is alcohol served during the tour?
Yes, alcohol is served during the tour. You should be over 18 to consume the alcohol.
Do you offer hotel pick-up?
Yes, we do offer hotel pick-up for our tours. Please check with our team the hotel pick-up details.