Eat with Local Foodies
A real Armenian food!
It does not take much to find a traditional food restaurant while abroad. But it is a matter of chance whether it would be a tourist restaurant with high prices and average food or real foodie place where locals dine as well. Food Tours Armenia offers you dining tours at the restaurants famous within local foodie circles. Those are mainly located in residential areas of Yerevan and are not among common tourist sites.
- We will meet on agreed time and drive you to the restaurant
- Our food guide will greet you at the restaurant
- Armenian national food and drinks
- every day
- you can book online or by telephone
- price per person – AMD 19,000
WHAT WE WILL EAT
We will have selection of the following main courses:
- Tpov Tolma – green leave tolma, served with matsun
- Assorted Khorovats, an Armenian pork / veal / lamb barbecue made on manghal (open fire)
- Selection of Kebab, minced beef / chiken / lamb prepared on manghal (open fire)
- Parda, liver prepared on manghal (open fire)
- Havi khorovats, chicken prepared on manghal (open fire)
- 2-and-1, an Armenian traditional lamb barbecue with 2 pieces of meat and 1 piece of dmak
- Dmakov Pletch – potato and lamb grilled on manghal (open fire)
VEGETARIAN main courses:
- Loliki Khorovats – tomato grilled in manghal (open fire)
- Smbuki Khorovats – egg-plants grilled in manghal (open fire)
- Bibari Khorovats – pepper grilled in manghal (open fire)
- Pasuts tolma – cabbage leave tolma with red beans, peas, rice
- Vochkhari cheese – traditional Armenian sheep milk cheese
- Horats cheese – traditional Armenian goat / sheep milk cheese with mint / dried greens made in clay
- Gomeshi qamac matsun – traditional Armenian matsun made from buffalo milk
- Rejan (Armenian national diary product)
- Thal (beef prepared in a traditional way)
- Ershikeghen – a selection of charcuterie – basturma, sujukh, home made pork filet, sal, erebouni (beef filet)
- Kanachi: selection of the Armenian green leaves – rehan, tarkhun, kotem, samit, maghadanos
- Spicy green pepper
WHAT WE WILL DRINK
- Armenian wine OR oghi (eau-de-vie from dogwood, pear, peach, mulberry OR apple)
- Serqevili Kompot, a traditional home-made quince beverage
- Tarkhuni, a traditional sparkling non-alcoholic beverage
- Still and Sparkling water
- Armenian coffee (made in jazzve on the sands)
Why choosing this tour?
- Affordable pricing
- Guidance by culinary expert
- Important for understanding local culture
- Private and corporate tours are available
- Unforgettable experience
See your tour on the map
I never thought so much food can be served to such price. And the guide was a great person.
Excellent! Just excellent!
Вкуснр поели и выпили и всего-то за 20 с чем-то долларов.
Are private or corporate events available?
Absolutely! Upon request we can accommodate any food tour from birthday parties, family reunions, conventions, corporate events, and more.
What if I have dietary or allergy restrictions?
When you book the tour, you will be given the option to let us know of any dietary or allergy restrictions you may have. Please let us know in advance so that we can better serve you.
How much food is served on the tour ?
Our taste experience will serve enough food to fill up the food tour participants.
Can I book a tour without payment and credit card info?
Yes, we apply BOOK NOW, PAY LATER policy for our food tours. So, you can book a tour without credit card information. Upon booking our team will contact you to check your preferred payment method.
Is alcohol served during the tour?
Yes, alcohol is served during the tour. You should be over 18 to consume the alcohol.