Eco Food Tour Dilijan
During this tour we will drive to an open-air country restaurant in Dilijan, a small resort town between Yerevan and Tbilisi (around 1,5 hour drive from Yerevan). Dilijan now is an emerging tourist destination and it is often called an Armenian Switzerland for its beautiful nature and fresh air.
The country restaurant is located on the bank of the Aghstev with a beautiful view to the surrounding mountains.
During the tour you will taste diary and meat products from local farmers in Tavush and Lory regions, as well as fruits and vegetables grown in mountainous villages.
- We will pick you on agreed time and drive you to Dilijan
- English-speaking guide will be with you during whole journey
- Local guide will greet us in Dilijan and we will start from a nice walk on the Dilijan central streets with preserved Armenian national architecture
- Then we will proceed to the country restaurant on the bank of the river
- The guide will tell us about the local farming traditions, about diary, cheese and charcuterie we will taste
- Also, we will learn what is locally called panda and how to drink it
- The chief will teach us how to make khorovats
- You can cook and prepare the food yourself
- every Tuesday and Thursday
- you can book online or by telephone
- price per person – AMD 25,000
WHAT WE WILL EAT
- Selection of Armenian cheese produced by local farmers (5 types)
- Selection of Armenian diary products made by local farmers (5 types)
- Selection of locally made Armenian charcuterie (5 types)
- Fried assorted greens (with/without eggs) from surrounding mountains – spinach, asparagus, mandak, green radish (seasonable)
- Assorted salted greens – celery, dandur, shushan (seasonable)
- Nettle or Sorrel or Mallow soup (with/without eggs)
- Khorovats, an Armenian pork / lamb barbecue from local farms meat served with barbecued potato
- Local fruits basket (seasonable)
- Matnaqash (locally made Armenian national bread)
WHAT WE WILL DRINK
- Armenian wine
- Locally made tandzi oghi (an Armenian wild pear eau-de-vie)
- Kompot, a traditional home-made fruit beverage (peach or quince)
- Local Spring Water
- Armenian traditional tea, made from local mountains’ thyme and mint served with selection of anoush (fruit/berry dessert) – raspberry or dewberry or dogwood
You can order a kapama, an Armenian pumpkin specialty – a whole pumpkin stuffed with dried fruits, nuts, honey and rice pilaf. Please check the details with our team.
Why choosing this tour?
See your tour on the map
We were in Dilijan with our group and spent an excellent day with tasty food, lovely weather and great people!
We had a great experience of making the barbecue ourselves. We really made it)))
Dilijan is nice place and country restaurant is well located, just on a bank o river. And of course the food was VERY tasty.
Are private or corporate events available?
Absolutely! Upon request we can accommodate any food tour from birthday parties, family reunions, conventions, corporate events, and more.
What if I have dietary or allergy restrictions?
When you book the tour, you will be given the option to let us know of any dietary or allergy restrictions you may have. Please let us know in advance so that we can better serve you.
How much food is served on the tour ?
Our taste experience will serve enough food to fill up the food tour participants.
Can I book a tour without payment and credit card info?
Yes, we apply BOOK NOW, PAY LATER policy for our food tours. So, you can book a tour without credit card information. Upon booking our team will contact you to check your preferred payment method.
Where does the food tour start?
Upon booking of the tour you will receive the exact information of our starting location along with all information you need.
Is alcohol served during the tour?
Yes, alcohol is served during the tour. You should be over 18 to consume the alcohol.
Do you offer hotel pick-up?
Yes, we do offer hotel pick-up for our tours. Please check with our team the hotel pick-up details.