Khorovats (Barbecue) Master Class
Preparing KHOROVATS or barbecue is an important of the Armenian culture. During this tour we will prepare KHOROVATS in a traditional way of preparing khorovats– starting with eggplants, pepper and tomato, then pork and lamb, and ending with potato. We will also enjoy specialities – kebab and parda (liver barbecue). The master class will take place in our venue nearby Yerevan (10-15 min drive from city center).
Our chef will share some small secrets of how to make tasty traditional Armenian khorovats.
- We will pick you on agreed time and drive you to venue
- English-speaking guide and chef will greet us there
- We will start from a refreshment
- Then we will proceed to the khorovats making process
- You can cook and prepare the food yourself
- you can book online or by telephone
- price per person – AMD 25,000
WHAT WE WILL EAT
- Khorovats, an Armenian pork and lamb khorovats barbecue served with barbecued tomato, eggplant, pepper and potato
- Kebab (minced meat barbecue)
- Parda (liver barbecue)
- Lavash and Armenian bread
WHAT WE WILL DRINK
- Welcome drink Oghi (an Armenian fruit or berry eau-de-vie)
- Bottled Water
- Armenian wine
- Oghi (an Armenian fruit or berry eau-de-vie)
- Kompot, a traditional home-made fruit beverage (peach or quince)
- Armenian traditional thyme and mint tea or coffee served with selection of anoush (fruit/berry dessert)
At additional cost you can order:
You can order a a private party with tolma, kapama (an Armenian pumpkin specialty), khashlama, pilafs, harissa and other Armenian specialty. Please check the details with our team.
Why choosing this tour?
- Affordable pricing
- Important for understanding local culture
- Private and corporate tours are available
- Professional guidance from a local chef
- Unforgettable experience
See your tour on the map
Great option for friends. Making barbecue on open fire was very exciting.
I liked the idea of having barbecue party at the nice villa with swimming pool. You, guys, shoot right!
Отлично погуляли, очень ухоженная дача с бассейном, с хорошим видом. Спасибо всем!
Are private or corporate events available?
Absolutely! Upon request we can accommodate any food tour from birthday parties, family reunions, conventions, corporate events, and more.
What if I have dietary or allergy restrictions?
When you book the tour, you will be given the option to let us know of any dietary or allergy restrictions you may have. Please let us know in advance so that we can better serve you.
How much food is served on the tour ?
Our taste experience will serve enough food to fill up the food tour participants.
Can I book a tour without payment and credit card info?
Yes, we apply BOOK NOW, PAY LATER policy for our food tours. So, you can book a tour without credit card information. Upon booking our team will contact you to check your preferred payment method.
Is alcohol served during the tour?
Yes, alcohol is served during the tour. You should be over 18 to consume the alcohol.
Do you offer hotel pick-up?
Yes, we do offer hotel pick-up for our tours. Please check with our team the hotel pick-up details.